[Mailman-Users] Re: "Site list for mailman (usually named mailman) missing"

James Sinnamon jaymz at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 21 07:23:59 CEST 2004

Dear mailmen and mailwomen,

I am a mailman site-administrator newby, although I have been the
owner of various mailman lists for a few years now.

I have got postfix working on a Debian sarge/testing Linux system.

I have configured mailman according to the comments in
postfix-to-mailman.py.

When I try to start mailman :

  greenhouse:/etc/init.d# ./mailman start

I get the message:

  Site list for mailman (usually named mailman) missing
  Please create it; until then, mailman will refuse to start

What's it referring to?  (I checked out list_lists which indirectly
causes this message, but it is not clear to which file it is
referring.  Pehaps I need to use a good Python IDE to help me
navigate through the code.  Any suggestions?)

Also the log /var/log/mailman/error give the messages:

Jun 21 13:55:40 2004 mailmanctl(2089): PID unreadable in:
/var/run/mailman/mailman.pid
Jun 21 13:55:40 2004 mailmanctl(2089): [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/run/mailman/mailman.pid'
Jun 21 13:55:40 2004 mailmanctl(2089): Is qrunner even running?

... are these the effects of the first problem, or are they its cause?

TIA

James
--
James Sinnamon