[Mailman-Users] Strange looping notification

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jun 17 22:26:11 CEST 2004

At 10:18 AM -0400 2004-06-17, Steve Burling wrote:

>  (Now that I think about it, I can't remember why it's set up this way --
>  I didn't do the initial Mailman 2.0.x install, and just followed that
>  pattern when upgrading to Mailman 2.1.4.  Is there any reason that I
>  should think about moving the qrunners to run on the mail server?  Things
>  *do* seem to be working...)

	One typical problem with doing anything on NFS is file locking --
anywhere from locks not working that should (potentially resulting in
duplicate messages), locks being left around that shouldn't, etc....
You may be able to work around this when it comes to things like user
mailboxes, but it is generally a really, really bad idea to try to
put filesystems on NFS which will be used for any kind of queueing.

	To be honest, I wouldn't want to try any further debugging on a
system like this until the NFS mounting/locking issue is resolved.
This may or may not be the cause of all your problems, but until this
is out of the way, it is likely to be difficult to impossible to
figure out what the real problem may be.