[Mailman-Users] list archive template location

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Wed Jun 16 22:40:40 CEST 2004

I have a server running mailman 2.1.4 with several mailing lists. I
would like to customize the archive templates used with list-1 while
continuing to use the default archive templates with list-2, list-3,
etc.

My first attempt, after some trial and error, was to place my customized
templates in /lists/list1/en/

This works when I regerate the arhcive by running the arch program
manually - it uses the custom templates instead of the default
templates. However, as soon as a new email comes through list-1,
whatever mechanism is used internally by mailman to update the archive
uses the default templates instead of my custom templates and overwrites
the archive index with the default look again.

I can't seem to find any location for my customized templates that will
cause both arch and the mailman's automated archiving to use them.

Is it possible to customize the archive templates for a single list
without affecting other list archives and, if so, where do I put them so
they work with both arch and mailman?

-Steve