[Mailman-Users] Re: News -> Mail: no mail! (repost)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jun 16 01:02:56 CEST 2004

At 2:34 PM -0700 2004-06-14, NFN Smith wrote:

>  Thus, it appears that gate_news is running, but I'm still not getting
>  any content back to Mail from News.

	Hmm.  You might want to try hooking your mailing list up to a
different newsgroup, and trying again.  I've had good success in
testing with misc.test.  The nice thing about this is that you'll get
e-mail feedback from a variety of auto-responders as they see the
article come across the wire, so you'll get confirmation that your
post is getting out.

	You might also want to hook up a network sniffer device (or a
program like tcpdump or snoop) on the host to watch all incoming and
outgoing NNTP traffic between your Mailing list server and the USENET
news server.  This way you can see the entire dialog between the
server and client, in addition to whatever they put in the logs.