[Mailman-Users] subscribing subscribers to topics

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon Jun 14 20:28:59 CEST 2004

At 10:41 AM -0700 2004-06-14, Christopher Adams wrote:

>  That addtopics.py was a typo. The name of the file is addtopic.py, but
>  when I run withlist, I get the error message that I quoted, that the
>  addtopic module doesn't exist. Do I have to 'install' the module or
>  something? I am a novice with Python, so am unfamiliar with modules,
>  but I have been reading a bit. Any help is most appreciated.

	I don't see this module listed on the page at
<http://www.list.org/site.html>, or in the Mailman FAQ entry at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp>.

	Looking at my own 2.1.4 installation, the only files I find
anywhere on the system which include the string "opic" anywhere in
the file name are in /usr/local/mailman, named:

		% find . -name \*opic\* -print
		./Mailman/Gui/Topics.py
		./Mailman/Gui/Topics.pyc
		./Mailman/TopicMgr.py
		./Mailman/TopicMgr.pyc

	I'm not sure that this module exists, or that it is used in this way.