[Mailman-Users] how to avoid the anit-spoofing error

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 17:41:22 CEST 2004

On 14 Jun 2004, at 08:15, Weijun Zhu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running a list where a few subcribers are from a company. The
> list server is outside the company.
> Everything works great!
> But it seems that this company recently implemented anti-spoofing on
> emails and subsribers from that company
> are no longer able to receive any emails sent to the list by people
> from the same company. Here is the log message I got.
>
> (reason: 550 Error: Anti-spoofing - From header field in inbound eMail
> cannot be local domain)
>

> Is there a way to configure the list server so that this problem can
> be avoided?

This doesn't sound like a very smart test but ...

1. setting the anonymous_list attribute on your list's General Options
page may work but with has other consquences.

2. setting those troubled subscribers to be Digest members might also
sidestep the problem, with fewer side effects for people not affected
by this problem than the anonymous_list option.