[Mailman-Users] Cookie problem with 2.1 / repeated subscription confirmation loop

Jon Brendsel jon at brendsel.com
Sun Jun 13 20:30:37 CEST 2004

I am seeing a problem with the subscription confirmation process that
happens when you require that users "confirm" (either by opening a web form,
or by responding to the email with the cookie on the subject line.

Here is what is happening:

1.  The Mailman list is configured to require that subscribers confirm their
subscription.
2.  Mailman admin sends out a confirmation email to a newly subscribing
user.  This is being delivered as expected.  This emial contains a URL of
the following form:

http://my.domain.tld/mailman/confirm/announcements/ad6dc14fb2f8c2af6dbcba026
123a44765654283

This is where the problem occurs.

3.  If the user clicks on the link, they are taken to the usual expected
webpage asking them to confirm their subscription info.  If they choose
subscribe, then they are taking to ANOTHER webpage asking them to enter
their confirmation cookie.  This should not be happening.

But I dont see any errors in the Mailman logs.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is this a mailman issue?  Or Apache?

I have been working on this for a week now and feel like I have read
everything that I can get me hands on to no avail.

Jon.