[Mailman-Users] one dead list (all others fine)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jun 11 01:54:44 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:47:49PM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:31:57 -0500
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
> > Thanks to help via Jabber from some uber-admin in Spain, I determined
> > that I needed to upgrade to 2.1.5. Unfortunately, now my web interface
> > is broken so I can't disable the emergency moderation feature (thus
> > preventing me from testing the broken list). So step one for me now is
> > to get the web interfaces working. I've tried to tweak mm_cfg.py but
> > it still seems to be reading a different configuration (e.g., it is
> > trying to launch */cgi-bin/* even though both mm_cfg and Deafults.py
> > exclude that in the URLs).
> >
> > /me goes to RTFM some more
> >
> > Peter
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> When I upgraded from 2.1.14 to 2.1.15 my web interface also broke -- and
> displayed a python error and list of method calls.  If recollection
> serves, there was a complaint about incorrect permissions.  For me, the
> fix was to run mailman's "check_perms -f" command.  Perhaps this will
> help.

Already did that. The web interface will load correctly if I go to
http://www.dom.ain/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/blah but halfway through any
admin task it dumps me out to https://www.dom/ain/mailman/admin/blah
(which does NOT work even though those URLs worked before and are
configured in mm_cfg.py and Defaults.py). I noticed that some .pyo and
.pyc files matched the string "cgi-bin" so I moved those to /tmp/ and
still things don't work.

Sigh.

Peter