[Mailman-Users] HTML E-mails

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jun 10 11:45:37 CEST 2004

At 9:15 PM -0600 2004-06-09, Chronos Admin wrote:

>  I've setup Mailman and have a few lists running. The one list is an
>  announcement only list. I need to deliver fully formatted HTML emails.
>  However, either Mailman or something I'm doing messes up the email.
>
>  I searched the Mailman archives and found conflicting comments on whether
>  Mailman support HTML emails.
>
>  In the "Content" settings I have "No" selected for filtering messages. So
>  what's the official word on HTML emails? Thanks in advance.

	If you turn off content filtering, then Mailman will not scrub
any mail messages that come through to the list.  Assuming that the
incoming message does not fall victim to the anti-spam settings, it
will be accepted and sent on to the recipients, without being changed
or modified (although it might be held for moderation).

	There may be problems with correct archiving of HTML messages, or
with digests created from HTML messages, but these are separate
issues.