[Mailman-Users] Postfix has problems with Mailman aliases database

malgosia askanas (staff) askanas at panix.com
Wed Jun 9 19:32:35 CEST 2004

> You haven't run the postmap command to generate the alias database.
> Use the following:
> postmap hash:/etc/aliases
> postmap hash:/var/chroot/htdocs/mailman/data/aliases

I am sorry to say that this didn't change my situation.  I did as you suggested
and then did a postfix reload, but I still get the same complaints:

  Jun  9 13:28:21 polyhedra postfix/local[18087]: fatal: open database /etc/aliases.db: Invalid argument
  Jun  9 13:28:22 polyhedra postfix/master[301]: warning: process /usr/local/libexec/local pid 18087 exit status 1
  Jun  9 13:28:22 polyhedra postfix/master[301]: warning: /usr/local/libexec/local: bad command startup -- throttling

The two aliases files now are of the same format, both are
Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

-malgosia