[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains with Postfix and Mailman

Brendsel, Jon JBrendsel at verisign.com
Wed Jun 9 19:21:51 CEST 2004

All -

I am encountering a problem that has me completely stumped in getting
Mailman+Postfix to work properly with a virtual domain.  I have read
everything I can find in the FAQ and the archives but am having trouble
getting it to work as expected.  To that end, I have read the following
posting which I think I am following to the letter, but to no avail.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

In my current mm_cfg.py, I currently have the following settings:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.tld' DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domain.tld'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

The problem is in the emails that go out (from mainman-admin) when I set up
the list, or when new subscribers join.

Specifically, the sending email address domain shows correctly as
mailman_admin at domain.tld.

But the various admin URLs in the body of the email show

http://domain.tld/ as the base URL instead of the expected
http://www.domain.tld

I am assuming that is not a bug, but rather some dumb config error.  But I
have tried every possible combination that I can think of in mm_cfg.py to
try and fix the issue, but to no avail.

Thanks much.

Jon Brendsel