[Mailman-Users] CLI changing members to moderated

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Jun 9 06:12:15 CEST 2004

On Jun 9, 2004, at 02:23, Brian York wrote:

> I haven't been able to figure out how to change users to moderated
> from the
> CLI.

I don't know of a command line tool supplied with Mailman that will do
it, but you can use bin/withlist and a tiny Python script to set the
moderation bit for a particular email address.

Create a file called moderate.py containing:

from Mailman.Errors import NotAMemberError
from Mailman import mm_cfg

def moderate(m, addr):
     try:
         m.setMemberOption(addr, mm_cfg.Moderate, mm_cfg.Yes)
         m.Save()
     except NotAMemberError:
         print 'No address matched:', addr

Then you can call bin/withlist with the listname and email address you
want to set the moderate bit on:

$ bin/withlist -l -r moderate mylist luser at somewhere.com

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6