[Mailman-Users] Upgrade to 2.1.4 failed - user lost - recover via backup unsuccessful - any ideas?

Alex Dupont usenetforum at gmx.net
Tue Jun 8 08:47:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

> then how about 'strings' ?

Email-Addresses. A lot of them, although I can't see how many. But I
fear something is not right as it (partly) looks as follows:

---
email0 at address0.comr
kJVe0ZnAr
email at address.comr
John Doe
email2 at address2.comr U
Jane Doe
email3 at address3.comr!U
Janis Doe
l Elikarar"U
email4 at address4.comr6U
Jim Doe
llerr7U
email5 at address5.comr8U
Jack Doer9U
U&email6 at address6.comr:U
Joey Doer;U
---

The structure is obvious. But I don't understand why sometimes
there is only the address and sometimes it begins with e.g. "U&"
and/or the name also sometimes has an "rXU"-combination attached to
it. Some passwords are encrypted (at the beginning of the list), some
addresses don't have any pw (which is fine AFAIK as that comes from
old days) but some combinations seem rather mixed up, see above. I am
not able to stop the output in time when I thought I also saw some kind
of gap in the list.

> Other useful tool may be bin/check_db. Use -h option for usage.

With both config.pck (the small, new one, and the old, big one) -v
gives me "okay". But: it alters my backup-config.pck to the new,
small size. So apparently it dumps the information in there from some
part on.

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/pickle.py", line 1390, in load
    return Unpickler(file).load()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/pickle.py", line 872, in load
    dispatch[key](self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/pickle.py", line 894, in load_eof
    raise EOFError
EOFError"

Again, an error message that is of no help to me, unfortunately...

Greetings
Alex