[Mailman-Users] Adding Subs-criptions by Email Rather than Web Interface

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Jun 7 09:02:20 CEST 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 01:58, Mike Phillips wrote:
> I posted this message before, but it was held by the administrator
> thinking
> it was an admin request. If it ever made it to the list, I did not see
> it,

[I responded directly to your previous posting but your mmlist alias
seemed to reject my reply.  Perhaps you will see this in the archives.]

> Is there a way to send a subs-cribe request to the list via email, or
> do all
> of the subs-cribes have to be through the web interface? The help email
> indicates that there is a subs*cribe option, but I cannot get it to
> work.

Can you figure out which part is not working?  Is the mail to the
-request address making it to Mailman?  Is ~/Commands/cmd_subscribe.py
in place with proper permissions?  Are you sending mail with a Subject
of the form:
   subscribe address=mike at whereever.com

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6