[Mailman-Users] Apache/Mailman with existing IIS

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jun 4 23:00:08 CEST 2004

At 12:32 PM -0700 2004/06/04, Scot Condry wrote:

>  Well I will definetly let people know if I figure it out.   But now I
>  am thinking of just running Apache and hosting my previous web pages on
>  my Linux machine.  It seems hard to believe that no one has tries to do
>  what I am doing before, hsoting web pages on a windows machine and at
>  the same time hosting Mailman on a linux server.

	You can certainly split your Mailman web host from the mail
server which actually handled the incoming and outgoing messages.
That's not a problem.  But I've never heard of anyone trying to have
the web server on one box (using IIS, no less) and the Mailman
hosting on another box.

>  But you are saying (the faq info was a little vague) that if I use
>  IIS and under Home Directory tell it to go to a URL its not going
>  to work right with Mailman anyway?

	You could get Mailman to work under Windows 2000, using the
instructions at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq05.002.htp>.

	Short of that, I can't see any way to integrate Mailman and IIS.