[Mailman-Users] 2 questions

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jun 4 22:56:08 CEST 2004

At 7:20 AM +0900 2004/06/04, Hillel Weintraub wrote:

>  I looked through the faqs, but couldn't find any information about these
>  two points.
>
>  1) is it possible to create a maililng list which anyone can post messages
>  to (without being a designated member), but only members can read?  If so,
>  how?

	Well, keep in mind that you're going to have to control
subscriptions somehow, and you'd have to keep the archives private.
But otherwise you just mark the list as open, and you should get what
you need.

>  2) is it possible to have messages numbered so that each mail has a unique
>  and visible number?  If so, how?

	Tokio Kikuchi has one solution for you, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.043.htp>.