[Mailman-Users] SMS mailing list

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Jun 3 10:31:55 CEST 2004

On Jun 3, 2004, at 00:28, Ben M. Swihart wrote:

> How do I restrict this option to a particular list?  It seems global.

Setting ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE allows you to set the subscribe_policy to
'None'.  After you configure your list, you could set it back to No.
(Or you could use bin/withlist to set your list's m.subscribe_policy=0
directly.)

I should warn again that this setting seems like a bad idea in an era
of malicious users.  If the list is as "closed" as you described, I
would think it much better to set the subscription policy as tight as
possible (to require 'approval', so that nobody joins the list
"unexpectedly") and then always have the list manager do the
subscription and unsubscription through the administrative interface.

> Also, the "Errors-to:" field is the field that is being grabbed and
> stuffed into the body of the SMS message.  Is there a way to
> change/disable that?

You could hack Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py, but it may be easier to
have your MTA strip it.  (Think carefully before doing so, since some
elderly MTAs might still honor that header.  If you are sure none are
in the path between you and your SMS gateway, you should be safe.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/