[Mailman-Users] Re: Removing "on behalf of"

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Wed Jun 2 22:00:14 CEST 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:19:12PM +0200, Thomas Hochstein wrote:
> "John S. Strock" schrieb:
>
> > How do I remove the "On behalf of" in the 'From' field?
>
> There *is* no "on behalf of" in the Fom:-field. You just have to use a
> client that does not show it that way.

This is just the way some versions of Outlook / OE seem to do it - when
the envelope-sender differs from the "From" header, the message shows up
as being "From: [envelope-sender] on behalf of [from address]". Replies
are still directed (correctly) to the address in the "From: " header.
I'm not aware of a configuration option in the mail client to override
this behavior.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."