[Mailman-Users] implicit destination problem

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:22:41 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:11:08 -0500, Dan Phillips <dhphllps at memphis.edu> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> > The problem is that all the mail for the list is
> > always held for approval because of the implicit destination.
> >

> Don't know about the % question, but why don't you simply change
> http://dom.ain/mailman/admin/listname/privacy/recipient
>   "Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc) field  (or be
> among the acceptable alias names, specified below)?" to "NO" for that
> list?

The admin of the list isn't me, i just admin the physical box, and the
list admin is afraid of spam, so he wants to have tight control over
what can get posted to the list.  I think the problem is the % symbol,
but unfortunately, i don't know how to debug it further.

> BTW, did you mean 2.0.13 or 2.1.4? AFAIK there never was a 2.0.14...

Yea, there was a 2.0.14:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-announce/2004-February/000067.html