[Mailman-Users] SMS mailing list

Ben M. Swihart ben at spiritguardian.com
Wed Jun 2 16:39:42 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to create a mailman list that is delivered via SMS to
phones.

First problem is... I don't seem to be able to set the list to not
require confirmation for subscription.  This is a closed, internally
managed list that is not open to the public.  Confirmations are not
needed.  How do I disable required confirmation?

Secondly, each message is sent with a bounce-mylist at mydomain.com from:
field.  I need to turn this off because it's simply being shoved into
the "body" of the SMS message.  I'm not exactly sure why the SMS
gateways are moving the from field into the body - but I suspect it's
because there are duplicate From: headers is some way shape or fashion,
as a matter of e-mail courtesy to other servers.  Where can I fiddle
with the from:fields values/options?

Thanks!

 Ben Swihart
 Spirit Guardian Design and Development