[Mailman-Users] Dealing with AOL rejects

Speedy Gonzalis SpeedyGonzalis at softhome.net
Wed Jun 2 00:41:57 CEST 2004

I am the site admin for a server running Mailman v 2.1.5 on a Linux
box.  We have about 600 lists running and site wide out of the over 40,000
subscribers we have several thousand AOL subscribers.

As you probably know, AOL (in it's infinite wisdom) has given it's users
the ability to black list anyone they want.  Unfortunately, when they do
and a black listed individual posts to a list that is set for replies to go
to the list, the resulting bounce (example below) is unrecognized by
Mailman.

What I'm hoping for is that someone has written, or I can (with assistance)
write something that will recognize these rejects and track them against
the offending AOL member just as any other hard bounce.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Note that in the example below, xxxxx at yahoo.com is the blacklisted
individual and ke1yxx at aol.com is the person rejecting the message.

------ Uncaught Bounce Example --------------

Your mail to the following recipients could not be delivered because they
are not accepting mail from xxxxx at yahoo.com:
         ke1yxx