[Mailman-Users] Corrupt subscribers file

Con Wieland cwieland at uci.edu
Tue Jun 1 17:38:16 CEST 2004

After upgrading I have lists that now have invalid addresses, for
example:

mb at poisson@usc.edu
Also some have ? marks at the end also causing problems
When running:

https://maillists.uci.edu/mailman/admin/soe-enewsletter/members

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 198, in main
     show_results(mlist, doc, category, subcat, cgidata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 501, in
show_results
     form.AddItem(membership_options(mlist, subcat, cgidata, doc, form))
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 873, in
membership_options
     all = [_m.encode() for _m in mlist.getMembers()]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position
22: ordinal not in range(128)

The list works otherwise and folks can continue to subscribe and
unsubscribe. The only way I have found to remedy this is to remove the
list and add it back. Does anyone have any ideas on an easier way to
recover?

Con Wieland
Network and Academic Computing Services
UC Irvine