[Mailman-Users] Web admin interface (permissions) problem

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 1 15:40:23 CEST 2004

At 1:50 PM +0100 2004/06/01, Alexandra West wrote:

>  We're running Mailman 2.1.4 with Python 2.2 on Woody (kernel 2.1.43),
>  Apache 1.3.26. I have no problem configuring the lists from
>  /var/lib/mailman/bin and viewing the results in the web admin interface.
>  However, whenever I try to change anything through the web interface,
>  all changes are lost after hitting the Submit changes button.

	Have you changed the URL for the list, without completely
following the instructions at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>?
Have you changed the list to secure it via HTTPS/SSL/TLS, without
completely following the instructions at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.027.htp>?

	Personally, it sounds to me like you're accessing the site via a
redirect, which is tossing away the POST changes.  See also the
entire thread including
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-April/035964.html>.

>  Any ideas? Is there a FAQ I've overlooked? I can probably not see the
>  wood for the trees anymore.

	The redirect issue has come up before.  If you can come up with a
suitable entry for the Mailman FAQ, I'd encourage you to add it to
the list.  Alternatively, if you can adequately describe your problem
in a way that would be more obvious, then we can create a suitable
FAQ entry and put it into the Wizard.