[Mailman-Users] Admin login problems

Terry Robbins terry at webriver.net
Wed Jul 28 23:31:48 CEST 2004

Brad, thanks for the reply. I do understand that the Mailman
installation on Mac OSX Server differs from other installations and is
largely unsupported by the Mailman folks. However I have found at least
two others who have encountered this exact same issue on the Mac.
Currently there appears to be no solution aside from deleting and
recreating the affected list. I would like to try and nail this issue
down.

The error appears to occur on line 487 in MaliList.py

File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 487, in __save
     os.unlink(fname_last)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
'/private/var/mailman/lists/mes-office/config.pck.last'

When I take a look at MailList.py line 487 occurs in a routine that
seems to backup and rotate the config.pck file. The variable that is
defined in that routine, fname_last, should be config.pck.last. What
could cause an invalid argument error when it appears that the correct
value for that variable is being returned? I have checked the
permissions in the directory, /private/var/mailman/lists/mes-office,
and everything seems to be as it should.

Would a corrupt config.pck or config.pck.last file cause this problem?

Am I grossly misunderstanding what is happening here? Any insight or
correction would be welcome. I am new to both Python and Mailman. That
being said, I love Mailman.

Terry