[Mailman-Users] Digest Email Question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jul 27 22:50:36 CEST 2004

At 9:43 PM -0400 2004-07-26, Jon Stephenson Jr. wrote:

>  My question has to do with your Digest email format.  Is it possible to
>  format the digest email that mailman distributes to our list, where
>  every individual email subject contained at the beginning of the digest,
>  is a hyper link to the content of that respective email that is located
>  further down in the digest?

	Not with the current, version, no.  Mailman understands two
digest formats, plain text and MIME.  But neither are HTML-formatted.

	If you wanted to make source code modifications to the program to
support MIME/HTML formatted digests, we'd be more than happy to
accept those.  Alternatively, this feature might be added at some
point in time in the future, but we can't make any promises.

>  Also, we would like to be able to have our clientele have the ability
>  to print 1 email out at a time that is contained in the digest email,
>  instead of printing all email that are contained in the digest.  Is
>  there a way to format this as well, as to separate to respective
>  email from each other when printing?  For example print page 7 for
>  email # 7?

	Mailman knows nothing about your printer or your printer format.
If you can configure your MUA to understand MIME-formatted digests
and working in this manner, congratulations!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755