[Mailman-Users] Bounced Messages

Everett Littles eslittles at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 27 16:16:11 CEST 2004

When sending to any of the lists on my server, I get the following
error message via email:

			The Postfix program

<testlist at test.com>: Command died with status 8:
     "/Users/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist". Command output:
Failure to
     find group name nobody.  Try adding this group to your system, or
re-run
     configure, providing an existing group name with the command line
option
     --with-mail-gid.

When I initially configured Mailman I ran:

./configure --prefix=/Users/mailman --with-mail-gid=-2
--with-cgi-gid=www

I tried creating a group called nobody and that did not help things.
Do I need to start the whole process over with a "valid" group?
Found nothing about this in the archives or the FAQ that seemed related.

Thanks.