[Mailman-Users] VERP + Postfix

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Tue Jul 27 04:22:34 CEST 2004

On 7/26/04 7:25 PM, David Relson at relson at osagesoftware.com wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:45:04 -0400
> Speedy Gonzalis wrote:
>
>> I tried to implement VERP so I could take advantage of the bounce
>> tracking but postfix rejects the returned bounces as an unknown
>> address.  Does anyone here know how to set up Postfix with VERP?  I
>> read the VERP info on the Postfix site but it doesn't SEEM to apply to
>> the way Mailman says it works.
>
> I think what you want is "recipient_delimiter".  Look for it in
> /etc/postfix/main.cf

Yes. From  main.cf:
# ADDRESS EXTENSIONS (e.g., user+foo)
#
# The recipient_delimiter parameter specifies the separator between
# user names and address extensions (user+foo). See canonical(5),
# local(8), relocated(5) and virtual(5) for the effects this has on
# aliases, canonical, virtual, relocated and .forward file lookups.
# Basically, the software tries user+foo and .forward+foo before
# trying user and .forward.
#
#recipient_delimiter = +

Uncomment the command, restart, and it should work.

-- Larry Stone
   larry at stonejongleux.com
   http://www.stonejongleux.com/