[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing query

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 26 17:24:23 CEST 2004

Rob Hackney wrote:

>I know that a lot of this question may appear to be more a postfix/
>procmail issue,

Yep (does mail to listname-bounces get delivered properly to mailman?)

>but I wanted to check on the process Mailman does for
>bounces.

Mailman receives the bounce and processes it according to the options
set on the administration->Bounce Processing page. It doesn't send it
to "postmaster".

Check the Mailman bounce log. This may be ~mailman/logs/bounce or
somewhere else depending on your installation. That will tell you
whether Mailman is seeing the bounces. The smtp log and other logs in
the same directory may also be of interest.