[Mailman-Users] Subject Line on Invite Messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jul 25 19:31:21 CEST 2004

Speedy Gonzalis wrote:

>I would also like to implement this but all that I have read says VERP requires cooperation from the MTA.  I am using the latest ver of Postfix.  What do I have to do to make VERP and Postfix work together?

I don't know if any specific configuration is required with postfix or
how to do it if it is, but the basic requirement is that an incoming
message to your site (i.e. the reply to a confirmation) which is
addressed in the form

  list-confirm+23a6e1fdf979dd223e7466e95deb10f486ba3b79 at your.site

be delivered as if it were addressed to

  list-confirm at your.site

I.e. the "+" is special and everything starting with "+" up to but not
including "@" is ignored in figuring where to deliver the mail.