[Mailman-Users] mailman and courier

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jul 22 11:06:49 CEST 2004

At 10:59 AM +0200 2004-07-22, Javier Olascoaga wrote:

>  and run makealiases I get this error.
>
>  aliasexp: ERR: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman": 553 Syntax
>  error: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"@spezialk.net
>  aliascombine: ERR: Success
>
>  any tip about how to resolve this situation?

	This is a question about Courier, not Mailman.  You would be much
more likely to get a useful answer to your question if you were to
use the information resources appropriate to this MTA, such as their
FAQ, the archives of their mailing lists and newsgroups, etc....

	If I had to guess, I'd say that Courier on your machine is not
configured to allow piping to programs, which may or may not be
supported at all with this MTA.

	But you really should use information sources specific to Courier
to try to find the answer to your question.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755