[Mailman-Users] Mailman question

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Jul 22 09:28:07 CEST 2004

On 21 Jul 2004, at 21:20, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

[ Excellent stuff snipped, go back and read it again ]

> it only marginally increases the cost to spammers to send spam
> messages individually

In fact, nearly all spam is sent as individual messages anyway, with
forged return headers.  I often get identical spams on several of my
accounts at about the same time, but everyone, when checking postfix
logs, was an individual email.

Also, in most cases there is _NO_ cost to spammers, since they tend to
use zombied PCs or open relays.

--
I AM ZOMBOR! (kelly) ZOMBOR!