[Mailman-Users] Problem after bin/arch'ing

Ronny Raschkowan ronny at kopfrechnung.de
Thu Jul 22 04:22:40 CEST 2004

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Ronny Raschkowan wrote:
>

>>This is really strange.. But I need the normal numeration back.
>>

>If I understand correctly that the new numbers are 3363 less than the
>old numbers, you could always add 3633 dummy messages to the beginning
>of the .mbox file and then
>   bin/arch --wipe [listname]
>
>I think at most you need
>
>  From e-mail date
>  From: e-mail
>  Date: date
>  Subject: a subject
>
>  one line of body
>
>The date in the initial From line has a specific format which is
>  Day Mon dd hh:mm:ss yyyy
>e.g.
>  From msapiro at value.net  Mon Jan 15 08:45:41 2001
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Hi.

Could you provid me an exact dummy mail how it would look? I fear i'd do
sth wrong., so i would like to see an example.

As far, i don't figure out how i should add it 3633 times? - Doesn't it
take a bit long to do that? :-)
Oh - And should i delete the mylist (not .mbox) directory before editing
the .mbox?

Isn't there any "softer" way to do that..?

Sincerly yours,
Ronny