[Mailman-Users] Problems with virus spoofing to customer lists

Alexander Storman astorman at elmresources.com
Wed Jul 21 20:23:43 CEST 2004

Hi All,

We are having issues with email being spoofed from M$ viruses that have
managed to get most of our company email addresses.
Viruses are getting through since they are spoofed as addresses that have
unmoderated approval to send to the list.
We are looking for a way to password protect sending of messages in Mailman.
Is there a way to setup a password inside the email body for outgoing
messages?

Do I have any options other than forcing a moderation flag on all users and
making list administrators approve these via the web interface?

What are other people doing in this situation?

Thanks,

Alex

Alexander Jay Storman
Systems Engineer
ELM Resources
astorman at elmresources.com
(510) 285-2292(office)

********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE**********
This electronic mail may contain information which is confidential or
restricted for use only by ELM Resources employees.  The
information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named in
this mail. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is without authorization and is prohibited. If you receive
this electronic mail in error, please notify us by return electronic mail
and delete this mail immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.