[Mailman-Users] covert/modify config dump to pickle

Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Jul 21 14:21:15 CEST 2004

In moving lists from one host to another (older MM2.0 to 2.1) I noticed that
while "update" will convert lists, it leaves bad remnants of the old host
within the config.pck ie the hostname. This includes the web_page_url
and hostnames of umbrella lists if you have sublists. The result being
once I reach the admin page of a list on the new host, passing the cursor
over various options (eg membership) shows the links point to the old host.

I found a brute force way to modify this using the vim editor to do
global substitutions but there must be a cleaner way to completely
convert things. If not, consider this a wishlist for something to take
dumpdb output and push it into a config.db/pck

  David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                 Institute for Advanced Computer Studies