[Mailman-Users] Runaway OutgoingRunner process

David Carter dcarter at opnet.com
Wed Jul 21 04:43:48 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I seem to have a process that has a mind of its own. It keeps consuming CPU
(as much as it can get), but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. No logs
are getting updated, and no actions are being performed.

This seemed to start this morning when a user was dropped from a list due
to an inactive mail account, but I can't seem to narrow down what the
process is doing. Restarting the qrunner's has no effect.

It seems to be trying to send a message to the list owners. There are files
being created and destroyed very quickly in the qmail/out directory. I was
able to copy one of the .pck files to another file before it disappeared
which is the only way I know. I've not been able to catch one of the .db
files to determine the message contents.

Any help in debugging/fixing this problem is greatly appreciated.

Dave

David Carter <mailto:dcarter at opnet.com>
Senior Modeling Engineer
OPNET Technologies, Inc. <http://www.opnet.com/>
phone 240.497.3000 x2743

Register for OPNET's Online Technology Workshops
http://www.opnet.com/TechWorkshops/