[Mailman-Users] Question regarding newsletter mailout

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Jul 20 22:40:06 CEST 2004

On 7/17/2004 11:42, "lori petersen" <grampyslolo at telus.net> wrote:

> For the past couple of months we have had some weird things happen when we
> send out our newsletter. One member got 4 copies, another didn't get his at
> all and last month, we had about 20 people who didn't get it either.

If the number of recipients who fail to receive the newsletter varies per
month, it's quite possible that your newsletter's formatting or content is
typically fairly close to triggering spam filters, and some months it does
so for more users than other months.

On the other hand, "only" 20 failed recipients would make many list
operators very happy.

[Aside:  one might expect correctly-spelled medical terms would no longer
trigger filters, but that doesn't seem to be the case.]

  --John