[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

R. Anthony Mills socrates at dzinedbymills.com
Sat Jul 17 03:22:59 CEST 2004

The way I've done it is to have the person send an email to:

LISTNAME-request at DOMAIN.COM

Place subscribe in the subject line.

If the admin is doing the subscribing or unsubscribing, the "Mailman
list manager" help commands allow you to get information about and
control your subscription to Mailman lists at this site.  A command can
be in the subject line or in the body of the message.

About the descriptions - words in "<>"s signify REQUIRED items and words
in "[]" denote OPTIONAL items.  Do not include the "<>"s or "[]"s when
you use the commands.

    subscribe [password] [digest|nodigest] [address=<address>]
        Subscribe to this mailing list.  Your password must be given to
        unsubscribe or change your options, but if you omit the
password, one
        will be generated for you.  You may be periodically reminded of
your
        password.

        The next argument may be either: `nodigest' or `digest' (no
quotes!).
        If you wish to subscribe an address other than the address you
sent
        this request from, you may specify `address=<address>' (no
brackets
        around the email address, and no quotes!)

    unsubscribe [password] [address=<address>]
        Unsubscribe from the mailing list.  If given, your password must
match
        your current password.  If omitted, a confirmation email will be
sent
        to the unsubscribing address. If you wish to unsubscribe an
address
        other than the address you sent this request from, you may
specify
        `address=<address>' (no brackets around the email address, and
no
        quotes!)

- Mills.
P.O. Box 41362 | Baltimore, MD  21203-6362
tel: 443.506.3089 | fax: 781.240.0565

"Live your life so that your children can
tell their children that you not only stood
for something wonderful-you acted on it."