[Mailman-Users] list thinks everyone is non-member

Alan McKay amckay at neap.net
Thu Jul 15 15:24:46 CEST 2004

Hey folks,

I did a google search first and started checking through FAQs et al
and have not found a solution to this odd problem.  I've been running
Mailman for several years now and in general am an advanced UNIX
user and admin.

I have one list which for some reason thinks everyone is a non-member.
I'm at my wit's end trying to figure it out.  Everyone who posts, the
list admin gets the moderation message and the reason is
"Post by non-member to a members-only list"

I've double and triple checked the addresses and everything looks
fine to me.  I compare the addresses with the address of the same user
subscribed to another list on the system and it's the same.  But the
other list(s) do not have this problem.  I've check all the options
for moderation, emergency moderation, etc, etc. and everything looks
just fine to me.  I just cannot figure out why it's doing this for
every darned post on this one list.

I'm running 2.1.2

thanks,
-Alan

--
http://www.bodensatz.com/
TCP/IP: telecommunication protocol for imbibing pilsners