[Mailman-Users] Trouble avoiding footer as attachment

Jan Eri jan.eri at disnorge.no
Sun Jul 11 11:38:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

we are using Mailman 2.1.4 on debian linux. We are having a problem
getting rid of footers as attachments. As we don't want HTML mail, we
thought that would be easy. I found this FAQ entry
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>,
and according to option 2 in this list:

> 1. Configure Mailman to remove the footer
> 2. Configure Mailman to strip the HTML and send out all messages as text-only
> 3. Get everyone to change the MUA they use to one that is more MIME-aware
> 4. Live with the problem

I have changed "Should Mailman filter..." on the "Content filtering"
page to Yes, I believe the rest is still at default values:

1. Remove attachments that have a matching content type: blank
2. Remove attachments that don't have a matching content type:
multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative, text/plain
3. Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? Yes
4. Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules:
discard

According to
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.008.htp> I
expected that to be enough. But still some (not all) of the messages are
coming through with the footer as attachment. What have I done wrong?

regards,
Jan