[Mailman-Users] Changing preferred language for all users

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sun Jul 11 04:29:40 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 04:04:20PM +0100, Jolin M Warren wrote:
> However, I'm not sure how to change these settings. I can do it
> through the admin webpage for lists with only 15 or so users, but
> that is too tedious for lists with a couple of hundred users. Any
> help would be apprecaited.

bin/withlist is the tool for making arbitrary changes to
mailing list objects.  You can write functions for things
you expect to do frequently, or use it interactively with
the full power of Python to do one off changes.

Mailman/MemberAdapter.py is the best source for documentation
on manipulating members and their preferences.

$ bin/withlist -l mylist
The variable m' is the test MailList instance
>>> for member in m.members:
...    m.setMemberLanguage(member, 'ja')
... {return}
>>> m.Save()
>>> {ctrl-D}

would set all current members of the list 'mylist' to use
Japanese for their preferred language.  (The list must be
pre-configured to support the specified language, or an
exception will be raised.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/