[Mailman-Users] Verbosity of confirmation messages...

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Fri Jul 9 02:09:18 CEST 2004

I'm setting up Mailman 2.1.5 on FreeBSD-4.10.

The purpose of this installation will be, for the most part, to keep
track of subscriptions/unsubscriptions that another privately-run list
sends out (long story).

A problem we're having with it is the verbosity provided by the
confirmation messages.   And the confirmation of a confirmation message
(ie: commands processed).

I found the routine in CommandRunner.py.  I do not know Python enough to
hack; however, I tried commenting out some of the routine, only to find
it appears to negatively affect other processes that are dependent.

So, my question is:  is there a way to selectively limit the verbosity
of these messages without negatively impacting the rest of the
installation and functionality.

I think we'd simply like to see a brief, to-the-point message to confirm
a subscription or unsubscription (or, in some cases, none at all).

Thanks for any pointers,
Forrest