[Mailman-Users] Moving beyond the Newsletter FAQ

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jul 8 22:55:38 CEST 2004

At 4:28 PM -0400 2004-07-08, Ben M. Swihart wrote:

>  I've read the helpful FAQ on the subject and I have gotten my "mailman
>  newsletter" up and running.  My problem is, though, since no-one but the
>  moderator can actually post, how do I add new subscribers?

	My suggestion is to have two separate lists.  One remains
announce-only, to which the moderator posts.  The other is a
discussion list, which any subscriber may post to.

	The alternative is to convert the announce-only list to a
discussion list.  To do that, all you need to do is to turn off the
moderation bit for all your existing subscribers.  Then any
subscriber can post.

>                                                              Is there a
>  way to send commands via e-mail from the moderator?   I believe I am
>  bound to management via e-mail because I'm unable to execute mailman
>  commands with a php script - the permissions are too strict, and I'm
>  sure it's for good reason.

	There is the Mailman web interface.  That is usually the best way
to try to manage a Mailman mailing list.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755