[Mailman-Users] multiple deliveries

Jeff Barger jeff at look.net
Wed Jul 7 19:47:39 CEST 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Robert Ransom wrote:

> Every once in a while I have gotten a subscriber who say he has
> received like 70 copies of the same posting. Is this a quirk of
> mailman or something else?

Dig through your MTA logs and you'll see rather quickly whether or not
they were sent or if it's a problem on the remote end. In my experience
it's generally a problem on their end.

Sometimes you'll see a log message about the connection being dropped
and the message possibly being sent more than once. That can be an
indication of problem (like too much load) on your server and should be
looked into further. Still, in almost every instance I've investigated
this has come down to problems on the remote end.

-Jeff