[Mailman-Users] FW: Changing the Digest format

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jul 7 11:13:15 CEST 2004

At 10:33 AM +0200 2004-07-07, Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:

>>  I was wondering is it possible to change the way the digest is sent out?
>>
>>  At the moment some users are receiving the digest ad a mail message that
>>  has all the previous posts from the digest as seprate attachments and mail
>>  messages.

	That's probably MIME format.

>>  Is there a way to change the digest to a single mail without attachments
>>  and the messages appear as one text mail?

	Go to the "Digest Options" page of the web admin interface for
your mailing list.  Scroll down to the third item on the list, which
should be labeled "When receiving digests, which format is default?"
There should be two radio-buttons next to it, labeled "Plain" and
"MIME".  Assuming that "MIME" is what is currently selected, choose
"Plain" instead.

>>  Is it possible to change the subject that is in the digest that it could
>>  appear as something else besides
>>  "xxxxxxx Digest, Vol 3, Issue 8 "

	You could probably change the templates used to generate the digests.

	See also
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.037.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755