[Mailman-Users] Headers and Footers - Need Help

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue Jul 6 14:37:32 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 07:45:56AM -0400, Mike Phillips wrote:
> You're right, it works fine. (Sorry, I never used it before so I overlooked
> it.) The problem now is, when I send to the list, the header displays
> correctly, but the incoming message is sent as an attachment, even though
> I'm sending in plain text.

It is probably a function of the character set of the Email and
your list's default language.  It looks like you are sending in
iso-8859-1. Is your list's language one of those listed in
Mailman/Defaults.py (as over-ridden in Mailman/mm_cfg.py) as
having a charset of iso-8859-1?  If it isn't, you might
consider:
 - over-riding the charset expected for your list language
   in your mm_cfg.py if appropriate
 - changing your mail program's configuration to send in the
   "expected" charset
 - loosen the restriction in Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py on
   header/footer and body charset matching

> Also, is there a way in the "From" line to get rid of the "On behalf of"
> language?

That sounds like a quirk of your mail program.  (Check the FAQ.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/