[Mailman-Users] bounced messages and VERP ??

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 20:13:19 CEST 2004

On 1 Jul 2004, at 13:45, Yogesh Subhash Talekar wrote:

> Sorry
>
> I think I need a answer of a single question:
> How do I make sure that Mailman is not VERPing mails? And if I find
> that
> it is VERPing mails then how do I turn it OFF ??

Look in Defaults.py for the comments about and the config variables
that affect VERP to seee if it can be enabled and see what values they
have there and if mm_cfg.py has overloaded them.

VERP'ing is done for different types of mail (regular postings,
password reminders etc) depending on what the config variable settings
are.

Check the personalization settings for the list concerned which will
affect normal postings if allowed by the config variables..

Definitively, you can just check what your outbound MTA is logging to
determine what it is receiving from Mailman. The 'To' line for an
oubound mail should tell you what you need to know.