[Mailman-Users] qfiles

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 23:59:34 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 16:32, John Poltorak wrote:
> Where can I find an explanation of how qfiles are supposed to work?
>
> I'm struggling to make any sense of them.
>
> Is there some way to run a qrunner daemon so that it processes all qfiles
> as and when they occur?

Well, the qrunner *does* process the files/emails as they come in. But
it is a queue... that means that files queue up and wait to be processed
(while others are being processed ahead of them). The qrunner does not
sit inactive while there are files to process.

On a busy list you can't process each email or command immediately -
unless you've got processing power to burn.

The mailman-developers list has some nice emails that document the
qrunners and their various tasks.  Also the source code is well
documented.

Jon Carnes