[Mailman-Users] Newbie

Bob Chaput bob at rchaput.com
Sat Jan 31 15:04:33 CET 2004

I am trying to set up an announcement list for a local non-profit film
festival.

The list may contain subscribers from all over the planet requesting
information, etc.  Additionally, there will be the local citizens who
need to get general information as well as announcements of up coming
events.  And finally, there will be management, staff and volunteers.
I would like to be able to 'filter' mailings.  For instance, when we
have a local screening, I only want to send the announcement to local
people.  Is there a facility in Mailman to create sub-lists or filter
on a master list?  I could set up multiple lists but then I would have
to synchronize them in that it is possible that a subscriber could be
in multiple categories.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give me.

Regards, Bob
Bob at RChaput.com