[Mailman-Users] Creating mailing lists

Thomas Hochstein ml at ancalagon.inka.de
Sat Jan 31 11:34:45 CET 2004

"Aanda Faith" schrieb:

> My  name is Amanda Faith and I work for a church that is interested
> in setting up email lists for different groups in the church.  We
> were wondering about your services and how exactly we'd set up the
> lists.

You'll need a host running Mailman to set up the lists; your own host
or some company offering list-hosting. How to do it is described in
documentation and FAQs; you will want to have a look at

   <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#1.17>

for a link to a list of hosting companies, and at the FAQ

   <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all>

and the very helpful documentation at

   <http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/>
   <http://www.washington.edu/computing/mailman/>

for creating and managing your lists.

> Also, I would like to know if there is a limit to the  number
> of lists we would be able to set up.

There is no limit other than the limit of the server and the
connection; i.e. if you want to send more mail than your computer or
your connection can handle.

-thh