[Mailman-Users] Mailman looped

Brian Haines brian at oneparkplace.com
Mon Jan 26 22:22:29 CET 2004

I have an "announce only" list of about 80,000 email addresses. I just
started using Mailman and ran our list for the first time using it on
Saturday. The program was still sending mail on Monday morning and I noticed
that I received many of the same autoresponders, four and five times. And
today (Monday) we had many of our members report that they received the
message several times.

I will try to give as much of the configuration as I can think of to give.
Please forgive me as this is the first time using Mailman, and my first time
administering a full Web server (I have much experience in shared
hosting/virtual hosting).

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1, 1.3 GHz, 40 GB HD, 512 DDR RAM
Mailman version 2.0.13
Sendmail version 8.11.6, config V9/Berkeley
Apache version 1.3.27

I am not sure that is all anyone needs to try and help me.

Thanks for any and all suggestions in advance!

Brian Haines